Are there funding opportunities for Employers?
Yes! Check out the ND-based and other funding opportunities below:
The ND EPSCoR STTAR Program provides an opportunity for North Dakota-based businesses and employers to participate in a salary cost-sharing internship program for students in STEM disciplines. Businesses must submit an application in order to be considered for the program.
- Business applications are now open
- More information available: https://www.ndepscor.ndus.edu/programs/sttar/
North Dakota’s Operation Intern is a grant program, designed to expand the number of internships, work experiences, and apprenticeship positions with North Dakota employers. The focus of the program is the creation of new internships and apprenticeships within the state’s targeted industries. Priority will be given to new startups, companies who have never participated in the program, and new internship or apprenticeship positions.
- First funding cycle: May 1st, 2021 – June 30th, 2022 // Applications available from February 1st, 2021 until all year one funds are obligated.
- Second funding cycle: May 1st, 2022 – June 30, 2023 // Applications available starting February 1, 2022 until all two year funds are obligated.
- More information available: https://www.workforce.nd.gov/workforce/OperationIntern/
Scitechsperience Internship Program
SciTechsperience is a paid internship program that connects college students in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines with rewarding hands-on opportunities at Minnesota companies that need their skills. The focus is on strengthening Minnesota’s STEM industries and developing an experienced and well trained workforce.
- More information available: https://scitechmn.org/employers/