Thank you for your interest in participating in NDSU’s Internship Program!
- Intern is supervised by an assigned supervisor who will complete a brief end-of-term evaluation of intern
- Internship tasks are professional and relevant to intern’s area of study or targeted career
- Intern is covered under employer’s worker’s compensation insurance
- Internships can be paid (a ND minimum wage [currently $7.25] or higher) OR unpaid (as long as the internship abides by the FLSA’s “Primary Beneficiary” test for unpaid internships)
Position description checklist:
- Position title, department name, and organization name?
- Position’s learning objectives and goals?
- Comprehensive list of duties to be performed (8-20 bullets)?
- What skills or knowledge is transferable to other employment settings?
- What position will be supervising the intern/employee, and what are his/her professional qualifications?
- What mechanisms will be used by the supervisor for providing frequent feedback to the intern/employee?
- What resources, equipment, and facilities will be provided by the employer to support the intern/employee in achieving the learning objectives and goals?
- Minimum qualifications?
- Preferred qualifications?
- Start date?
- End date?
- Time requirement in terms of hours per week?
- Salary amount?
- Covered on employer’s worker’s compensation insurance?
How to post internship positions:
Steps to Create and Access your Employer Account:
- Go to our CAREERLINK login page
- Click the green “Employer Sign Up” button (*all users must “sign up” the first time they use the system)
- Fill in your contact information
- Select a password and click “Create Account”
- From there, you will arrive at the Welcome Page where you can begin posting internship positions.