Major: Civil Engineering – Company: Doosan Bobcat – Location of Internship: Gwinner, ND – Internship Title: Lean Six Sigma Co-op
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- I chose Doosan Bobcat because of their reputation for their innovative and durable compact construction equipment. Also, the employee focused values was really appealing. Bobcat genuinely cares about all of their employees.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
A required task for this Co-op is to obtain your Yellow Belt certification in Lean Six Sigma.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
My favorite part is getting to know so many people from all over the country (and the world) and being able to solve problems as a team.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- The most challenging part so far has been managing multiple projects at a time. Being patient, organized, and able to spread yourself to all of your projects has been a great learning experience.
- How did you find your internship?
Through a personal connection
- Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
Registering for the Internship Program was beneficial in order to maintain my fulltime student status. It will make going back to class a much easier transition.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
- APPLY! There are so many positions open and companies are having a hard time finding people to fill them! It doesn’t matter if you believe you are qualified or not. If you are teachable, you are hirable. So, get yourself out there!