Major: Mechanical Engineering
Company: Collins Aerospace
Location of Internship: Jamestown, North Dakota
Internship Title: Manufacturing Engineering Co-op
- Why did you choose the company that you work for?
- I chose to work for Collins because it allowed me to gain experience in a large-scale, professional manufacturing environment that was close to my school and home.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- I am required to assist in the development and updating of manufacturing processes, along with assisting on any other projects the manufacturing engineering team undertakes.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- My favorite part of the experience so far has been being able to learn a ton of new things and work under/learn from professional engineers in their work environment.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- The most challenging part of the Co-op process for me was adjusting to being a new town and starting a new job. It can be very overwhelming, but I just try to take it day by day and get a little better each day.
- How did you find your internship?
Through an NDSU Career Fair
- Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
- It was beneficial because it allows me to recieve credits for professional experience along with lightening my course load when I return to NDSU.
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
- Do your research and apply early.