Major: Accounting & Finance (Double Major)
Location of Internship: Saint Cloud, MN
Internship Title: Audit State and Local Government Intern
Why did you choose the company that you work for?
Family feel, experience during a busy season, and to give me the best representation of if this is something I want to pursue long-term or instead use my degree for a different career path.
- What were some of the requirements for your internship?
- Working 55-60 hours a week, commuting to clients that are comfortable with in-person audits, working long hours.
- What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
- It has given me an idea of what it is like to work full-time and how different life is after school.
- What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles?
- Meeting my hour requirements, learning the terminology, and carrying over what I have learned to new clients because not all clients documents look identical. I have overcome these obstacles by taking pages on pages on pages of notes and asking questions on what and also why we do things
- How did you find your internship?
Through the Accounting Club
- Why was it beneficial for you to register for credit(s) through the Internship Program offered through the Career and Advising Center?
- My internship qualifies for credits that are required to graduate and I am also considered a full-time student despite my internship only being worth 3 credit hours
- What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying for an internship?
- Get on it early! Internships fill up fast and early applicants look good and also DEVELOP your resumé. I can’t stress this enough because it gives you bragging rights about yourself and you also learn so many skills that carryover into real-life experience. I have used more skills from extra curriculars in my internship that I have actually academic work.