#NDSUintern Spotlight Blog

Intern: Dan Paulus

Major: Mechanical Engineering

Company: TEAM Industries

Location of Internship: Bagley MN

Internship Title: Engineering Intern

• Why did you choose the company that you work for?
    • I chose to work at TEAM Industries because I am very interested in the powersports industry as I enjoy being around anything with a motor, additionally I believe it is a good fit for my skill set.
  • What were some of the requirements for your internship?
    • At the internship I design, set up, and run tests, before I collect and review the data. These tests may be on stands or in the field. I also get to implement new testing procedures.
  • What is your favorite part about your internship experience?
    • My favorite part of the internship has been the field testing, this is because I think it is really cool to see the data being collect on a vehicle outdoors, additional you sometimes get to ride along.
  • What is the most challenging part of your internship? How have you overcome these obstacles? 
    • The most challenging part of the internship has been learning to use the different data collection software. This challenge was overcome with the help of the professional staff at TEAM, who were always willing to explain the programs, and relate the theory taught in the classroom to the application that was being worked on.
  • How did you find your internship?
    • Through an NDSU Career Fair
  • Why was it beneficial for you to register your internship for credit through the Internship Program?
    • It was beneficial to register the internship for credits because it allows this great hands on experience to count as a class, which reduces the number of credits I have left when I return to college before graduation.
  • What advice would you give a student who is in the process of applying to an internship?
    • The advice I would give a student searching for an internship is to make yourself unique, I’d suggest doing this is learning a skill that makes you stand out from the crowd. The other advice I would give is to find an internship that matches your personal interests, this way not only will you learn a ton everyday but you’ll have a lot of fun in the process.

By Rachel Grace
Rachel Grace