Here are some do’s and don’ts that we’ve gathered, based on feedback from students who have attended past fairs and expos.
Do’s for Recruiters:
- Stand in front of your table and invite students to talk with you
- Smile and greet students to make them feel welcomed – shake their hand, introduce yourself and ask for their name
- If you are an NDSU Alumnus, let the student know – it creates a sense of comfort and familiarity
- Take the student’s resume and provide feedback
- Look interested and engaged while the student is talking – ask follow-up questions to show that you are listening
- Take the time to fully explain your company and the opportunities that you have available
- Wait until the fair has ended to begin tearing down your display
- Have fun!
Don’ts for Recruiters:
- Sit behind your table – it creates a barrier
- Tell students to simply apply online without giving them some feedback, as they are at the fair to talk to you
Helpful External Resources:
For questions, please contact the NDSU Career and Advising Center at 701.231.7111 or at email@example.com.