All of the majors listed in this Exploratory Area are considered liberal arts majors and often include using creativity, whether in thought, writing or design. Check out the majors on the list below and click on any of the majors and see the entire list of course requirements for that major. Do a majority of the classes sound interesting to you? Then it may be worth exploring!
- Agricultural Communication
- Apparel, Retail Merchandising & Design
- Environmental Design
- Interior Design
- Strategic Communication
- Theatre Arts
- Women and Gender Studies
This is a list of courses that students can choose from to help explore the Liberal Arts, Communication and Design Exploratory Area. It is always important to consult with an academic advisor before choosing which course might best fit your interests.
- ENGL 167 Intro to English Studies
- ENGL 209 Intro to Linguistics
- ENVD 101 Intro to Environmental Design
- MUSC 103 Into to Music History
- PHIL 101 Intro to Philosophy
- WGS 110 Intro to Women & Gender Studies
- ADHM 160 Interior Design Careers
- ADHM 171 Fashion Dynamics
- ART 210 Art History I
- COMM 112 Understanding Media & Social Change
- COMM 114 Human Communication
- HIST 101 Western Civilization I
- HIST 103 US History to 1877
Would you like more information regarding the majors in the Liberal Arts, Communication and Design Exploratory Area?
Contact Corin Strapp, Academic & Career Advisor
To schedule an appointment with Corin:
Login to Navigate
Click “Get Assistance”
Follow the drop-down menus based on your need
Select “Career and Advising Center” for location
Select Corin Strapp and schedule the appointment.