This is a part-time, non-benefited position. Only NDSU students who have received a Federal Work-Study award are eligible to be hired in this position. Unsolicited applications to this posting will NOT be considered.
To Apply – Select the following link: https://www.ndsu.edu/onestop/forms/workstudy/
[This links the student to the Off Campus Docusign application form].
Agency Mission: The YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties is the nation’s leading nonprofit community service organization and is committed to strengthening communities through Youth Development, Healthy Living and Social Responsibility. The Y offers more than just a job; we offer you the chance to make a lasting difference in your community.
Job Description, Duties & Responsibilities:
Our School Age Learning Centers are open Monday-Friday 6:30 a.m. to 8:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
As a Learning Center Leader:
- You will lead the children in the After School program in a variety of activities, such as arts and crafts, science experiments, gym games, outdoor play, field trips, and any other activities planned for the day.
- You will help promote and maintain a healthy, emotional, social, intellectual, and physical environment that promotes active learning for each child.
- You will engage in positive staff-child and staff-parent interactions at all times. You will maintain clear communication with the Learning Center Director, Site Coordinator, and/or Site Supervisor.
- You will be a role model for the children, so you will present yourself in a confident, dignified manner. You will leave the Learning Center feeling rewarded that you made a difference in the life of a child.
Pay & Qualifications:
Learning Center Leader 1:
- $12.30+/hour (Additional pay based on related education and/or experience.)
- At least 16 years old
Learning Center Leader 2:
- $12.80+/hour (Additional pay based on related education and/or experience.)
- At least 18 years old
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1 year of paid experience working with children (not including babysitting)
Requirements & Competencies:
- Must have received a Federal Work-Study award and have no holds (e.g. verification, SAP)
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credits
- The YMCA of Cass and Clay Counties conducts a pre-employment background check on all employees. The YMCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- YMCA: Fercho YMCA – 400 1st Ave S in Fargo – Various elementary schools across Fargo and West Fargo