This position is posted as a hierarchy at the Tax Analyst II or Senior Tax Analyst level. The successful candidate will be hired at the level that is commensurate with their skills and experience.
To assist in the areas of filing the corporate federal and state income tax returns and extensions and the computation of estimated tax payments and tax accruals.
- Participates in the preparation of all required federal consolidated and state income tax returns and claims for refund to ensure accurate and timely filing and minimization of tax liability.
- Participates in the determination of the monthly tax accruals and disclosures to ensure compliance with IRS, GAAP, Sarbanes Oxley and regulatory income tax accounting and public utility normalization requirements. The timeliness and accuracy of the monthly tax accrual is critical to the company’s earnings determination process.
- Assists in implementing Company tax policies in order to maintain compliance with governmental regulatory agencies. Assist in the annual preparation of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission Form 1 and Uniform Statistical Report.
- Performs other non-routine duties and assumes other responsibilities as apparent or as assigned.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in tax laws, regulations, and rulings by ongoing reading and research to accurately prepare federal and state income tax returns.
Tax Analyst II Requirements
- Degree in business, finance or accounting or equivalent experience.
- Ability to effectively use Excel spreadsheets and word processing software
- Demonstrated communication and relationship skills.
- Two years’ experience in income tax compliance and accounting.
- Appropriate experience would include: Consolidated federal and unitary state tax return preparation. Estimated federal and state income tax payment calculations. Monthly tax accruals/financial statement presentation. Income tax research and analysis, with references to authoritative tax literature.
Senior Tax Analyst Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 4 years experience in income tax, compliance, and accounting to include current and deferred income tax accruals and financial statement presentation, consolidated federal and unitary state tax return preparation, estimated federal and state income tax payment calculations, income tax research and analysis with references to authoritative tax literature
During COVID-19 Pandemic this position may require the ability to temporarily work remote within the company service territory until company protocol dictates return to the office criteria has been met.