Are you enthusiastic about crafting unforgettable dining experiences and ready to take the next step in your career? Lead our Food and Beverage team at Mount Rushmore National Memorial! Located in the beautiful Black Hills region of South Dakota, the destination draws more than 3 million tourists per year. Mount Rushmore’s 4-star Certified Green Restaurant®, Carver’s Cafe, consists of up to seven food outlets and banquet operations, and the Employee Dining Room. By working with Xanterra Travel Collection amongst the beauty of Mount Rushmore National Memorial, this is your chance to Live, Work, and Explore in one of the most beautiful places on Earth!
This is a great opportunity for a 1st Line Manager with multi-concept experience who is ready to take the lead. We are looking for high-energy, hands-on leadership to shape the Food & Beverage department at Mt. Rushmore!
This Full-Time, Year-Round position is unique and offers great work/life balance. Our Food & Beverage operating hours are 8am-9pm during peak season (late May through mid-September) with reduced evening hours during off season.
-Medical, Dental, Vision & 401k
-Vacation, Sick & Holiday Pay
-50% Discount on Xanterra Lodging
-40% Discount in the Gift Shop
-20% Discount in the Restaurant
-15% Verizon Service/Products Discount
-Black Hills VIP Training Pass Discounts for local attractions
-$350 Referral Bonus
Many of our year-round leaders choose to live in Rapid City and drive a short 30-minute commute! You may also choose to live in our company lodging.
As a part of the executive team, the Food & Beverage Manager reports directly to the General Manager and oversees all activities within the department. This role maintains high standards of quality, service, and marketing to maximize profits. During peak season, the department consists of up to 70 employees (domestic and international); with an off-season team of up to 8.
Essential Job Duties:
- Oversee the administration, planning and delivery of product and service for the department.
- Responsible for achieving budgeted departmental revenues and profitability, and for the creation of yearly budgets and business plans for all F&B venues.
- Day-to-day job duties include, but not limited to: Effective control of food, beverage, and labor costs.
- Produce high standards of food and beverage quality, service, and marketing to maximize profits and deliver outstanding customer service.
- Develop creative, well-balanced menus using healthy, sustainable ingredients to drive a high visitor capture rate.
- Interview, train, supervise, counsel, schedule, and evaluate staff.
- Partner with the National Park Service and local vendors to increase visitor capture rate and average check.
- Accurately forecast purchase and portion specifications, food production control, etc.
- Prepares and approves purchase orders. Receives and supervises stocking of food and beverage supplies.
- Inspects and maintains organized food service facilities to ensure that equipment and buildings meet requirements of state and local health laws and internal regulations.
- Negotiates and prepares banquet proposals, contracts, menus, and function sheets with detailed operations information.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Experience with point-of-sale (POS) systems and back-office administrator programs.
- Must be a visible and hands-on leader during service periods.
- Must be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision while working within the set guidelines.
- Dedicated to understanding all departmental positions to assist staff as needed.
- Must have the capacity to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Recognizes the importance of the ISO 9001 and 14001 quality management systems and ensures 100% compliance relative to all F&B operations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and the public.
- Proficient in working with various computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in hospitality, management or comparable with five or more years of experience managing a food and beverage department of similar size across fast casual and quick service facilities. Preferred candidate has overseen food & beverage operations of at least three outlets of varying service levels.
- A minimum of ten years leadership work experience managing a food and beverage department of similar size across fast casual and quick service facilities can substitute for a bachelor’s degree.
- Required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Frequently is required to walk.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.