The Market and Business Insights Intern is responsible for executing market research on competitors and their markets and products, estimating market sizes or shares for specific analyses projects, and developing research assessments on prospective new markets, customers, government policy and economic indicators. This role helps support the execution and measurement of business plans and strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Exhibit the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors.
2. Assist with market research and analyses by competitor, product or market size and share strategies for product line(s).
3. Help measure the effectiveness of current business plans and strategies – whether new or current markets and competitors.
4. Assist in researching governmental policy and economic trends or indicators as it relates to Vermeer markets and customers.
5. Assist in organizing and attending meetings with internal stakeholders such as product management, commercialization, marketing, and engineering.
6. Help develop and participate in SVOC or VOC activities – gathering responses, developing questions, and analyzing results.
Education and/or Experience
– High School diploma required.
– Current student pursing a Bachelors’ degree in Business/International Business, Statistics, Finance, Analytics, or Marketing.
– Previous internship is a plus.
– Ability to speak Spanish, Portuguese, and/or Chinese is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Knowledge of market research and assessment, product strategy, business planning, and project planning.
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
– Ability maintaining positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness with customers and peers.
– Ability to write a paper articulating recommendations and analyses.
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with customers and co-workers and maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness.
ONSITE: A team member’s day-to-day work is best done on a Vermeer campus. If work content can be occasionally completed at an offsite location, discuss potential arrangements with your manager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.