The Manufacturing Engineer Intern assists with manufacturing-focused projects from inception to completion by supporting and implementing lean principles. This position helps identify, understand, and map current and future state processes and understands the impact of the processes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Demonstrate the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused, and stewardship and model the associated behaviors.
2. Helps production and engineering through new product implementation and manufacturing improvement projects. Ensures reliable and consistent output based on standardized processes through project management and implementation.
3. Formulate documentation and sharing of best practices and standard work to improve flow of material and people throughout and across plants.
4. Follow established standardization of methods, processes, and design features. Document current and future state processes to analyze impact across functional areas.
Education and/or Experience
– High School diploma required.
– Current student pursing a Bachelors’ degree in Industrial Technology or Mechanical/Industrial/Agricultural Engineering.
– Previous internship is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Ability to coordinate projects to meet established deadlines through multiple segments including, but not limited to: service, engineering, welding, assembly and machine shop across business segments.
– Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment.
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with customers and co-workers and maintain positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness.
– Able to utilize lean principles to drive improvement and acts as a champion of the change.
– Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
– Knowledge of assembly and welding techniques, Just-In-Time manufacturing processes, and statistical process variation. Ability to read and understand mechanical, electrical and hydraulic drawings.
– Ability to examine, analyze, and map current processes. Utilizes current information to creatively develop new processes to continually drive improvement.
ONSITE: A team member’s day-to-day work is best done on a Vermeer campus. If work content can be occasionally completed at an offsite location, discuss potential arrangements with your manager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.