The IT Support Specialist Intern assists wiith customers onsite, traveling or work at home users on computer use. This position will get involved in virtual desktops, physical desktops, laptops, workstations and other computer technology on the manufacturing assembly floor as new requests or upgrading to better equipment. This role will also assist in network trouble shooting and mobile devices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Exhibit the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors.
2. Help answer and respond to various IT support requests regarding desktop equipment, network and software problems, and user application questions via phone, email, instant message, walkup or request. Maintains requests in a technical support tracking database and ensures statuses of assigned work orders are current in the system.
3. Help diagnose problems with hardware, software and network. Responds quickly to malfunctions and provides solutions while making sure the affected computers and network equipment remain functional. Escalates issues that cannot be resolved within an established response time.
4. Assist with the planning and organizing of hardware and software system configurations, installations, upgrades, and maintenance on computers and peripheral equipment throughout the campus. Updates department asset inventory system whenever changes are made and assets are moved between locations.
5. Assess and prepare for installation of computer equipment, peripherals and software. Helps test and install new and updated software releases of both standard and customized applications.
6. Help repair hardware including computers and other related communications devices and printers. Installs, troubleshoots, and configures access to applications.
Education and/or Experience
– High School diploma required.
– Current student pursing a degree in Information Technology.
– Previous internship is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Ability to monitor network lines and create patch cables. Ability to completely understand Microsoft Office to better assist individuals requesting troubleshooting solutions.
– Ability to operate screwdrivers, networking tools, servers, and putty sessions.
– Knowledge of current trends, various applications, and installation and de-installation practices.
– Ability to achieve the set goal of computer to upgrade or replace and monitor progress.
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
– Ability maintaining positive interpersonal relationships which encourage openness with customers and peers.
– Ability to produce accurate, professional and error-free documents in a timely manner.
– Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills.
– Ability to prioritize multiple tasks while supporting the department.
– Ability to effectively manage time and resources.
– Knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policies and OUs.
ONSITE: A team member’s day-to-day work is best done on a Vermeer campus. If work content can be occasionally completed at an offsite location, discuss potential arrangements with your manager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at email@example.com.