The Human Resources (HR) Intern provides support for a variety of HR-related tasks and projects including recruitment, onboarding, performance management and team member engagement.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Exhibit the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors.
2. Assist with various tasks in the team member lifecycle including hiring, new hire orientation and onboarding of new team members.
3. Assist HR Business Partners with investigations, disciplinary actions and performance improvement plans.
4. Research and provide recommendations on special projects within the HR function.
5. Promote the use and implementation of tools/technologies to gain efficiency in delivering HR solutions.
Education and/or Experience
– High School diploma required.
– Current student pursing a Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Human Resources, Business, Marketing or related field.
– Previous internship is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Ability to provide informative and professional assistance when working with the public/customers and co-workers.
– Demonstration of good verbal and written communication skills.
– Effective time-management, organizational and project management skills.
– Ability to effectively work with confidential information.
– Ability to work well both independently and in a team setting.
– Exposure to HR disciplines and policies preferred (compensation & benefits, employee relations, performance management, regulatory compliance).
ONSITE: A team member’s day-to-day work is best done on a Vermeer campus. If work content can be occasionally completed at an offsite location, discuss potential arrangements with your manager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.