The Cloud Engineer Intern aids in modernizing and transforming IT systems and infrastructure, automate workloads, and pursues next-generation innovation for Vermeer products. This position should be familiar with cloud-based technologies but also has a firm grasp of traditional computer science principles. This role has an impact on the day-to-day efficiency of our Azure operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Exhibit the Vermeer characteristics of caring culture, demonstrating agility, customer focused and stewardship while modeling the associated behaviors.
2. Work in tandem with the Azure team to implement and maintain Vermeer’s cloud-based solutions.
3. Provide assistance to development and operations team members on maintaining Vermeer’s cloud-based solutions.
4. Manage cloud environments in accordance with company security guidelines.
5. Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle for Azure solutions, including planning, requirements, development, testing, and quality assurance of infrastructure as code.
6. Help deliver webinars and lunch/learn sessions to disseminate information across the Vermeer IT teams.
Education and/or Experience
– High School diploma required.
– Current student pursing a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Computer Information.
– Previous internship is a plus.
Other Skills and Abilities
– Ability to maintain an application’s performance, uptime, and scale.
– Ability to troubleshoot incidents, identify root cause, fix and document problems, and implement preventive measures.
– Ability to employ problem-solving skills, with the ability to see and solve issues.
– Demonstration of organizational skills; able to follow standards and instructions.
– Experience in mobile, PC, and web software.
– Ability to create accurate, professional, and error-free documents in a timely manner.
– Demonstration of good oral and written communication skills.
ONSITE: A team member’s day-to-day work is best done on a Vermeer campus. If work content can be occasionally completed at an offsite location, discuss potential arrangements with your manager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation due to a disability at any stage of the employment application process should contact Team Member Solutions in human resources at (641) 621-8767 or at email@example.com.