HJF is seeking a Research Associate II (COVID-19) to support the The Military Health System Response to COVID-19 (MiHReC19) project through the Center for Health Services Research (CHSR) located at the Rockledge Office in Bethesda, MD. HJF provides scientific, technical, and programmatic support services to CHSR.
The Military Health System Response to COVID-19 (MiHReC19) project will investigate the long-term effects of COVID-19 on the Military Health System (MHS). The project will use a comprehensive Health Systems approach in order to maximize the translatable, actionable knowledge generated from the lessons learned. The Research Associate II will perform research and/or development in collaboration with other scientific and technical staff for the Military Health System Response to COVID-19 Project. They will provide technical discretion in the design, execution, and interpretation of qualitative research that contribute to project aims. They may provide limited guidance to lower level Research Associates.
As part of the application process, two scientific writing samples must be submitted. Please be sure to include these along side your resume.
- Performs data analysis, interpretation, verifies and corrects data entry, and reviews and cleans transcripts. (20%)
- Trains junior staff in data collection and analysis techniques and processes, as needed. (5%)
- Conducts research in collaboration with other scientific and technical staff to include key informant interviews. (25%)
- Performs complex scientific research, determinations, and analyses involving multiple procedures and a variety of technical approaches. (15%)
- Documents current or new procedures or protocols for sample selection, data collection, data processing, and/or statistical estimation. (10%)
- Conducts policy reviews, develops recommendations and knowledge translation products to include manuscripts, abstracts, policy and research briefs, and presentations. (25%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor. This may include attendance of and participation in required training for role.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Knowledge of qualitative research and data analysis techniques; ability to meet deadlines of projects; good communication and analytical skills. Experience with qualitative analysis software such as NVivo and conducting interviews. Experience with quantitative big data analysis, SAS, and R is a plus. Must provide two writing samples.
Minimum Education: Master’s degree required for this position.
Minimum Experience/ Training Requirements: Minimum of 3-5 years of experience required for this position.
Work Environment: This job takes place in a typical office setting.
Background/Security: Eligibility to obtain and maintain a Tier I investigation/Public Trust.
Employment with HJF is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, which may include, but is not limited to, contacting your professional references, verification of previous employment, addresses, education, and credentials, a criminal background check, drug screening, and a department of motor vehicle (DMV) check.
Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents, in lieu of stated minimums, require the prior approval of the Chief Human Resources Officer.