Be a part of something great and find yourself a part of a family, at Trappers Landing Lodge!
Looking to get your dream career in hospitality management started? At Trappers Landing Lodge, we offer a rewarding, structured approach to learning the ins- and outs- of running a resort. This training program will teach you the essential functions of hotel & tourism management through hands on experience, mentoring, self-learning, and demonstration of mastery. This Hybrid Paid Position is responsible for developing a comprehensive understanding of resort management, a basic understanding of resort procedures, and a solid skill base in hospitality. The Intern will learn the functions of hospitality management through a modular based program. Learning will incorporate a combination of hands on experience, and assessment. This individual will add value and contribute to the assigned position. The training assignment will be within the Walker Area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & LEARNING:
• Management/Supervisory: Learns and demonstrates the supervisory/management skills necessary to effectively manage a department and team, resulting in financial success, guest satisfaction, and employee relations.
• Front Desk: Learns and demonstrates effective operations of the front desk and auxiliary functions (if applicable)and how it affects overall guest service and profitability of the hotel. Works with the Assistant General Manager or the Front Desk Supervisor to understand appropriate guest service standards and service recovery.
• Housekeeping: Learns and demonstrates overall housekeeping operations to include guest rooms, public areas, outside grounds and laundry. Responsible for learning proper cleaning procedures, chemical usage, room inspections, breaking out the house, inventory, proper par levels, key control, lost and found procedures and staffing/scheduling
• Food and Beverage: Learns and understands food and beverage operations/standards including adherence to health regulations. Spends time working with servers, dishwashers, cooks, bartenders, banquet servers/set-up and supervisor/manager to learn and perform all aspects of the food and beverage operation.
• Safety/Risk Management: Learns and demonstrates Safety and Risk Management for the hotel property through reviewing the Safety and Loss Prevention Guide, handling guest and employee incidents, reviewing past incidents, and attending/participating in the hotel Safety Committee meetings. In addition, the Manager in Training will learn and understand the hotel and our policies on Safety and Risk Management.
• Accounting: Learns and demonstrates the accounting function for the hotel property including accounts payable, accounts receivable, income audit, monitoring of cash controls, outlet accounting procedures and various property management systems. In addition, assists property accountant with cost control by working with department managers in managing labor costs,
following procurement guidelines and identifying maximization of revenue for the resort, restaurant and outlets.
• Engineering: Learns and demonstrates the overall engineering operations for the resort property. Works with the Lead to understand preventive maintenance, routine inspections, procurement guidelines and capital expenditures. Learns the impact of maintaining company assets within budget guidelines and how it impacts the overall financial success of the resort property.
• Bachelor’s degree seeking or equivalent experience required; emphasis in Hospitality or Business strongly preferred
• Prior customer service experience required; front office, yield management and housekeeping experience preferred
• Demonstrated ability/process for learning new geographic areas is required • Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook PowerPoint, and POS Systems
• Must have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; ability to communicate effectively with community partners, vendors, external parties, and across internal divisions
• Must share a passion for the mission, vision, and values of Trappers Landing Lodge
• Schedule may vary due to the specific needs of the resort
• Must be willing to relocate within the portfolio. This internship advertisement is intended to provide information essential to understanding the scope of the position. It is not an exhaustive list of skills, duties, responsibilities or working conditions associated with the position.
Only applicants who complete our application process will be considered. Apply directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Who Are We? Trappers Landing Lodge, a resort nestled on the shores of Leech Lake in Walker, Minnesota, offers more than the classic family vacation destination. With a prime location, luxury accommodations, protected marina with Your Boat Club and activities to enjoy all year round, Trapper’s Landing is the best destination for your Leech Lake escape. In addition to a competitive base pay, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, 401k retirement savings with company match, Flexible Spending Account (FSA), and Supplemental Insurance Plans. Our eligible employees also receive a comprehensive paid time off balance (PTO) and holidays.
Keyword: intern, internship, hotel management, food beverage, tourism, real estate, property management, management program, training, leadership, property manager, leasing, housing, coop, co-op