Mfg Engineer COOP
- Analyze and evaluate manufacturing processes, systems, equipment, and materials in terms of their associated cost, time, safety, ergonomic, and quality and recommend solutions to improve.
- Analysis of time studies, methods, process engineering, and plant layout to ensure balanced processes and implement process improvements for all gaps identified.
- Troubleshooting and problem solving of production issues as they relate to the Manufacturing Engineering Department.
- Participate in kaizen events for continuous improvement projects focused on safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Assist in the implementation of engineering changes to the product throughout the factory processes.
- Design and coordinate the build of tools and fixtures to assist in the welding processes to improve efficiency and quality.
- CAD education or experience. SolidWorks preferred.
- Strong communication skills to work with hourly operators in the factory as well as all levels of office personnel.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology.
- Analyze needs and product requirements to create a design of tools and fixtures.
- Pursuing a degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Manufacturing, Agricultural, or Engineering related field and a sophomore level or above in the program