The Titan Machinery HR Internship provides opportunity to work within our dynamic HR/Talent team. This role assists with projects that improve and optimize HR administrative processes and systems and supports initiatives that drive the success for Titan Machinery.
- Accurately process and maintain employee data/information in multiple systems and processes:
- Data entry for personnel transactions such as new hire, termination, leave of absence, benefits, FMLA etc.
- Maintain accurate employment records, including selection process data/AAP tracking, benefits, performance, and compensation
- Assist with the HR onboarding process for new employees
- Assist in processing HR-related paperwork, including offer letters, new hire paperwork, employment and benefits transactions, and exit interview information.
- Use and ad hoc reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to ensure data integrity
- Assist employees with questions related to HR, payroll, and benefits.
- Handle all information and projects in a timely, accurate, and confidential matter.
- Use documentation related to HR processes and Standard Operation Procedures and compliance documentation to accurately perform processes, policies, and procedures.
- Act as a liaison internally between Business HR, HRIS Admin, Payroll, Benefits, and Safety groups to help streamline operational effectiveness within the HR team.
- Perform routine administrative functions such as copying, faxing, filing, sorting incoming mail and arranging for overnight mailings.
- Provide administrative support to the Vice President of Human Resources and Administration
- Follow all safety rules and regulations while performing work assignments
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently pursuing a degree in Human Resources or related field
- Must be able to attend work regularly and reliably on a part-time schedule for a duration of 8-12 weeks (35-40 hours a week) during the summer months
- Strong computer skills; Intermediate working knowledge in Excel, PowerPoint, Word; working knowledge of Microsoft Access; ability to quickly learn new systems
- Strong organization, decision making, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines efficiently and cost effectively
- Keen attention to detail and a high level of initiative and ability to work independently
- Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time and work flexible hours
- Ability to handle and resolve frequent interpersonal conflict
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, stressful work environment
- Ability to respond quickly, accurately, and professionally to demands and requests from customers and employees
- Exemplifies Titan Machinery’s Core Values
Titan Machinery provides you with:
- 401(k) with company matching on your FIRST DAY of employment
- Ongoing Professional Training and Certification Opportunities
- Paid time for Team Volunteer Activities in your Community
- Employee Discounts at Titan Machinery, Vehicle Discount, Enterprise Car Rental, Hertz Car Rental, Choice Hotels, Verizon Wireless, and Profile by Sanford
- Company Paid Employee Assistance Program (free Counseling, Legal Advice, and more)
Titan reserves the right to adjust compensation based on factors including but not limited to: scope and geography of the position, qualifications and experience of candidates, and other business and operational conditions.