MANUFACTURING INTERN – SUMMER 2022
LOCATION: FARGO, ND
(other locations include: Sidney, OH; Salina, KS; Stilwell, OK; Houston, TX; Erie, PA; Marshall, MN — search ‘Manufacturing Intern’ with one of these locations at www.schwansjobs.com to apply)
About the Company:
Schwan’s Company, a U.S. affiliate of the global lifestyle company CJ CheilJedang Corporation, is a leading U.S. manufacturer and marketer of quality foods offered through retail-grocery and food-service channels. Its many popular brands include Red Baron®, Tony’s™, Big Daddy’s™, Villa Prima™ and Freschetta® pizza; Mrs. Smith’s® and Edwards® desserts; and Bibigo®, Pagoda®, and Minh® Asian-style foods. To learn more about Schwan’s, visit www.schwanscompany.com.
About the Program:
- 12-week long internship program in a plant work environment. (Typically May-August)
- Opportunity to work on and take responsibility for exciting, strategic projects that are relevant to your coursework with real-world applications.
- Exposure to upper level management, executives and the CEO.
- Opportunities for career growth with a well-established food company. Internships at Schwan’s often lead to full- time job opportunities upon graduation.
- A culture focused on ensuring the health, safety and well-being of its employees.
- Support and mentorship from team members who are authentic, good-natured and highly skilled.
What you will be doing:
- Support production, packaging, or bakery production line to produce products meeting company and USDA food safety requirements.
- Ensure achievement of objectives relating to team member management, safety, product quality, productivity, yields, and scheduling.
- Engage in projects supporting operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop, recommend and implement improvement practices to increase productivity and/or reduce costs.
- Interpret and analyze data to make informed decisions.
- Present and discuss findings at multiple levels within Schwan’s, including non-technical audiences.
What the expectations are of you:
- Demonstrated leadership skills, solid interpersonal skills, displays initiative, and takes ownership of work.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Must be a confident self-starter who is comfortable overcoming obstacles & driving decisions from areas of ambiguity.
- Candidates should be currently be enrolled in an undergraduate Operations Management, Industrial Management, Supply Chain Management, Manufacturing Engineering, or related degree program with an anticipated graduation date of December 2022 or May 2023.
- GPA of 3.0+ preferred.
The employing subsidiaries of Schwan’s Company are Equal Employment Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender, vet status, national origin or other protected class.