The product photographer is responsible for capturing high-quality, attractive photographs for web use, presenting the item in an accurate and visually appealing way that clearly demonstrates the item’s attributes, including features, design, texture, functions, and color. The Photographer will also be asked to be able to write compelling descriptions of products and aid in the improvement of our brand.
This position is a key contributor to the ongoing success and growth of the Ecommerce Division, continuously working to meet and exceed our business objectives.
Weekly hours available up to 30 hours depending on business needs.
Web Applications is preferred but not required
Primary Duties Include:
- Ability to produce product photography, and videography meeting Amazon’s standards and for use in e-commerce and web sales
- Strong knowledge of photography techniques including lighting, depth of field, styling, positioning, and composition
- Digital retouching skills required
- Ability to prepare the product as needed in a manner so as to enhance the product’s appearance and produce optimal product images
- Ability to develop and create lifestyle and stylish product photography as needed
- Responsible for selecting the best photos for editing and sizing images as required
- Responsible for naming and organizing digital files on a local server
- General studio upkeep
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adapt easily to last minute changes in project priorities
Qualifications and Skills Required:
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills
- Must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, and organized
- Energetic attitude and passion for photography
- The ability to contribute ideas for improving and expanding the studio’s production.
- Possess a desire to be part of a fast-growing e-commerce business
- Experience with product/commercial photography
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Key skills a plus
- Able to create compelling and clear descriptions for all products listed
- Raw Photo Development workflow preferred
- Knowledge and experience in using a DSLR camera and studio lighting preferred
- Proficient in either Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Photoshop Elements, Microsoft Office, and Windows 10
· Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, Adobe Media Encoder, and web video requirements
A portfolio submission is required.
Job Type: Full-time
- DSLR Camera: 1 year (Required)
- Adobe Photoshop: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
· Adobe Premier Pro 1 year (Preferred)
· Adobe Illustrator: 1 year (Required)
- Windows 10: 1 year (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday