When you work at Stewart, you’re part of a global real-estate services company that helps make the dream of property ownership a reality around the world. Whether we’re providing residential and commercial title insurance, closing and settlement services or specialized offerings for the mortgage industry, we deliver comprehensive service, deep expertise and innovative customer solutions by way of our direct operations, network of Stewart Trusted Providers™ and family of companies. Join our team and discover how Stewart Information Services Company (NYSE-STC) impacts lives for the better. We do more than offer broad-scale real-estate services and solutions; we provide the security for building communities and dreams.
More information can be found at http://www.stewart.com, subscribe to the Stewart blog at http://blog.stewart.com or follow Stewart on Twitter® @stewarttitleco.
Provide support to the Commercial Escrow department and the Commercial Services office by assisting with customer service and administrative duties related to escrow closings for large commercial real estate transactions. This position requires excellent communication and customer service skills, attention to detail, and excellent data entry and processing skills.
• Phone and clerical support for the Office and regular interface with co-workers and clients regarding all aspects of national commercial real estate transactions.
• Consistent and accurate entry of documents and data into proprietary operating systems (SureClose, StewartLinks and AIM+)
• File management, including scanning and appropriate records destruction, consistent with corporate policies
• Preparation of invoices, closing statements, and funding packages
• Interprets and prepares earnest money agreements as they relate to closing and prepare all documents require for transactions
• Preparation of wire requests, revenue reports, and closing forms
• Preparation and transmittal of closing documents
• Prepare, pick up and drop off Mail/Federal Express and closing packages
• Prepare and set-up electronic filings for recordings throughout the Country
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of management, employees and customers by email, phone and in person
• Ability to work overtime as requested and approved by supervisor
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager
Role Specific Knowledge
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Capacity for follow-through and task completion
• Propensity for honesty, integrity, and ethical standards commensurate with position
• This position has financial responsibilities, candidates will be require to pass a background check
• Ability to perform under pressure and be flexible with disruptions throughout the workday
• Must be able to work requested overtime as approved by supervisor
• Repetitive and continual typing and mouse motion is required
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
• Completion of a High School diploma
• College education will be considered in lieu of experience
• 2 years experience as an Escrow Assistant or a minimum of 3 years experience in a related real estate or title field