Human Resource Management Services (HRMS), a division of the Office of Management and Budget, is offering two exciting internship opportunities in Human Resources. HRMS plays an integral role in providing human resource services for the State of North Dakota’s 60-plus agencies and team members. The Human Resource Interns will gain relevant experience in Human Resources while working with a dynamic, progressive team.
Summary of Work
The successful candidates will enjoy working in a collaborative environment, have outstanding people skills, demonstrate a positive attitude and be team players. Professional composure and confidentiality are required for this position.
The internships will involve a combination of on-site work at the North Dakota State Capitol and telework. The hours will be approximately 20-25 hours per week. The duration of the internship is estimated to be approximately six months but will be determined based on factors such as the students’ availability and the needs of the division.
The Human Resource Interns will gain experience in the following areas:
- Assist with and involvement in talent acquisition activities including recruiting and on-boarding new team members.
- Take an active role in the development and learning content of our Team ND Rising Leaders series.
- Research and contribute to various human resources programs and initiatives, including salary surveys and engagement surveys.
- Contribute to researching, planning, developing, coordinating, and presenting training for team members.
- Assist with building training modules and writing curriculum.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university as a full-time student and working towards a degree in Human Resources Management, business or public administration, management, or a closely related field; and
- At least a sophomore standing by the beginning of the internship and have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 scale; and
- Must be working in an internship that aligns with the student’s academic major or career goals
Please apply online via the State of ND Careers site: www.nd.gov/careers. Applicants must complete the online application. The successful candidate will be required to complete a satisfactory criminal background check. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. OMB does not provide sponsorships.
For information about the position or for persons needing accommodation or assistance in the application or interview process, contact Leanne Schmidt, Senior Human Resource Officer at 701-328-4738.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the Application Process or uploading attachments, please contact email@example.com or (701)328-3290.