The Koch Internship Program (KIP) is a paid, 10-week experiential learning program that blends educational opportunities with real work experience at non-profits all over the country tackling some of our nation’s most pressing challenges. Interns virtually attend weekly professional development sessions and are mentored by seasoned professionals as they craft a capstone project on the topic that matters most to them. Virtual programming will be held during an Opening Summit on September 15th and every Thursday thereafter from 10 am – 5 pm ET until November 17th. Candidates must be available for the entirety of all sessions to be eligible to receive the $4500 stipend.
What You’ll Experience
- Professional development that utilizes experiential learning to flip the classroom so that you direct your learning, developing the skills you need to succeed with the support of experienced mentors
- A taste of what it’s like to work for our inspiring non-profit partners doing meaningful work in areas like Education, Criminal Justice, Immigration, Poverty, Free Speech & Peace, Health Care, Foreign Policy, Technology & Innovation Policy, and more. Typically, there are both remote/in-person and full-time/part-time roles across the country ranging from policy, communications, fundraising, events, law, project management and beyond
- Tools, frameworks, and principles of progress that help you identify your aptitudes, hone your skillsets, and explore fulfilling career paths you may have never known existed
- Learning and applying the principles of Market-Based Management®, a management philosophy that helps maximize your contribution to your organization’s success, no matter your role
- Community-building with peers, mentors, and our expansive network of 4,800+ alumni
You are a current student or recent graduate exploring careers that help others improve their lives. Whether your passion for social impact involves revitalizing communities, government, education, or business, you have a drive to identify problems and get excited about finding new solutions that have meaningful results. You’re entrepreneurial, curious, and excited to become an effective leader in tackling the major challenges of our time.
Qualifications You’ll Bring to the KIP Experience
- You’re a lifelong learner with a growth mindset, dedicated to continual self-improvement
- You seek knowledge from any and all sources to help you learn and improve your thinking
- You enjoy collaborating with people of diverse perspectives
- You’re excited to take initiative and solve problems, embracing and driving positive change
- You’re interested in and passionate about solving the most pressing issues our society faces, transforming our world and impacting the lives of others
- You are authorized to work in the United States
Standout Interns May Also Bring
- Prior experience related to advancing a vision of breaking the barriers holding people back from realizing their potential
- Aptitude for leadership demonstrated through prior experience, either in a professional setting or outside the workplace
Successful candidates will interview with both Stand Together Fellowships staff and non-profit partner organizations, so we encourage you to apply today, giving yourself ample time to thoroughly explore the opportunities offered by our partners and find the role that’s best for you! Please complete your application through our website and check out our FAQs for more details.