Since 1971, Smith Schafer has been one of Minnesota’s most successful CPA firms and continues to experience incredible growth. As an award-winning CPA firm, we have been featured on Forbes Top Tax Firm list, awarded Best of Accounting Client Satisfaction by ClearlyRated, and named a Top 175 Workplace in Minnesota by the Star Tribune.
At Smith Schafer, your investment of time and expertise will be rewarded with competitive pay, benefits, career opportunities, and professional development.
We are currently seeking a Staff Accountant – (Audit Department) to join our team!
The Staff Accountant is responsible for learning processes and systems, assisting with planning and facilitating engagements and working as part of a team to carry out tasks under close supervision. A person in this role will continue to learn, understand, and effectively use current accounting software applications when assisting with attest engagements. This person is expected to grow and develop to a point that he/she can execute/demonstrate solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, quality control standards and technology implementation procedures.
- Learns the planning process and assists in planning and facilitating multiple assignments.
- Assists with facilitating engagements to meet budget and client expectations.
- Provides exceptional service to clients by providing individual attention, responsiveness, and commitment to understanding their goals and needs.
- Builds and strengthens co-worker and client relationships through effective communication and an understanding of relevant audit and accounting standards and advises on concerns and relevant industry pronouncements.
- Learns and develops a good understanding of client businesses.
- Executes solid understanding of accounting and auditing principles, ensures quality control standards are met, and applies technology implementation procedures.
- Prepares work papers, reports, financial statement drafts and letters of recommendations in accordance to firm and professional standards.
- Identifies and communicates audit issues, technical matters and improvement opportunities to senior accountants, supervisors/managers, or principals to resolve client issues discovered during the audit process.
- Demonstrates technical skills, general industry knowledge and becomes familiar with the firm’s services.
- Maintains and complies with the highest degree of professional standards, client confidentiality and personal conduct.
- Handles sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with client’s staff to increase customer satisfaction and to strengthen client relationships.
- Learns the firm’s financial model and ensures profitable delivery of engagements.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field
- 1-3 year of similar experience in a CPA firm.
- Strong technical, analytical and organizational skills.
- Is able to travel to local clients.
Experience with ProSystems Engagement software, CCH Knowledge Coach, and QuickBooks.
Customer-service oriented, demonstrated by the following attributes: proactive, observant, knowledgeable and reliable.
CPA exam passed or on track to complete.
Ability to lift up to 20 pounds, stand or sit for extended periods of time, as well as type/enter data at a keyboard regularly.