Schlumberger, the leading provider of technology and services to the oil and gas industry, is looking for a Sourcing Specialist to join the team at our facility in Florence, KY.
The Sourcing Specialist is responsible to implement sourcing plans and tactics to effectively manage the sourcing activities related to their assigned portfolio to maximize supplier performance (cost, quality, lead time) and support the business plan in the Manufacturing Plant.
- Award and Finalize Sourcing Project
- Review and Negotiate Supplier Contract
- Conduct Request for Quote
- Conduct Request for Information
- Maintain Vendor Master Data
- Initiate Supplier Contract
- Identify and Assign Product and Material for Job
- Launch Sourcing Project
- Implement sourcing plans with the goal of assuring specified quality, meeting required delivery times, and minimizing cost.
- Document the performance of action plans and timelines for assigned sourcing projects.
- Select a high-performance supply base for assigned portfolio, in accordance with a short-list of preferred suppliers defined by Category Managers.
- Conduct requests for information, quotation, information, proposal (RFI/Q/P) and bidding processes, minimizing risk and maximizing value in terms of quality, delivery and cost.
- Evaluate current and prospective suppliers through supplier reviews, site visits and audits, in coordination with Supplier Quality teams, to assure supply capabilities, on-time delivery, quality and service.
- Negotiate prices and terms with suppliers to meet specified quality, delivery and cost objectives.
- Execute contract negotiation and development in coordination with Sourcing Manager and Contract Specialists.
- Drive the parts and process qualification in coordination with Supplier Quality teams.
- Work closely with Sourcing Manager or Sourcing Leader to guarantee supply for portfolios.
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to continually reduce wasted time, money, and resources from assigned tasks.
- Comply with Schlumberger and local procedures applicable to the job function.
About the company: Schlumberger is the leading provider of technology and services to the energy industry across the world. Throughout much of the oil and gas lifecycle in 120 countries, we design, develop, and deliver technology that transforms how work is done. Together, we create amazing technology that unlocks access to energy, for the benefit of all. We specialize in reservoir characterization, drilling, production, and processing and offer the most comprehensive range of products and services in the industry. We’re looking for innovators who share our passion for discovery to help us shape the future of energy.
An Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer.
Females, Minorities, Veterans, Disabled and Other Protected Groups.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.