Red River Commodities is looking to add an Operations Support Trainee to our growing team. Our team is committed to a family culture, supporting each other and working to bring out the best in everyone.
The Operations Support Trainee will be rotated through all aspects of the plant over the course of a 6-month period for the purpose of learning each job and function within the facility. This position will also be assigned operations improvement projects that will both utilize their technical skills and improve operations, they will support the Plant Manager to optimize production, identify process improvements, and identify ways to improve product consistency and quality. After completion of the 6-month learning period, the Operation Support Trainee would then be eligible to move into the next available position that aligns with their training experience.
- Work closely with assigned supervisor to train in on every position within the plant
- Study provided process flow diagrams and plant systems to become thoroughly familiar with the function of the plant and its utility and auxiliary systems
- Update plant drawings as needed or assigned
- Study plant SOPs during the training process and identify any updates or corrections that may be needed
- Become familiar with company safety and quality policies and procedures
- Complete special projects as assigned
- Complete forklift training and become qualified as a forklift operator
- Conduct production capability testing as assigned
- Develop a detailed process flow diagram with equipment capacities and operating ranges
- Support the technical processing aspects of product safety, quality, and performance.
- Evaluate and establish a processing data collection system to support production OEE or KPI reporting processes
- Maintain a working knowledge of sanitation programs and procedures and provide plant support as necessary
- Become qualified to serve as a sanitation lead, warehouse lead or shift supervision on a temporary basis
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors or Associates Degree (or obtaining degree) in a relevant technical field or 3 years related work experience
- Pro-active self-starter, willing to accept responsibility for business tasks
- Ability to independently manage project work
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrate ability to communicate well and to effectively influence and interact with others to accomplish goals
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software
- Statistical Analysis skills
- Problem solving skills
Preferred skills and experiences are:
- Farm background or applicable internship experience
- Good work ethic and team/collaboration skills
- Knowledges in cGMP, HACCP, Food Safety Plan, Standard Operating Procedure, and Quality Management System
Red River Commodities and its subsidiaries are an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive benefit package including Paid Time Off, medical insurance, dental insurance, 401K and more.