For 60 years, Raven has developed, marketed, and produced technical solutions to great challenges. Utilizing our strength in engineering, manufacturing, and technological innovation, Raven today is a leader in precision agriculture, high performance specialty films, and situational awareness markets. Our purpose to Solve Great Challenges is bold and authentic; it keeps us grounded in markets that have meaning, provide profitable growth, and align with our values.
Raven Applied Technology is dedicated to feeding a growing world population. How would you like to see your creation every time you take a drive through the countryside and know it is putting food on the table? Our technology in precision agriculture drives tractors down the field, wirelessly connects the field and the office, and protects the environment with controlled outputs. Join our team, and help farmers around the world grow more with less.
Raven Industries is currently seeking a Research Engineering intern. The successful candidates will be able to work part-time hrs during the fall semester. The research engineering intern will be responsible for research projects including development, technology evalution, and processes in response to an assigned goal or to solve a specific problem.
- Provide periodic updates to managers and peers on assigned project status.
- Work closely with assigned mentor to a successful completion of internship/Co-op.
- Work on complex algorithms that impact the success of current or future products.
- Research, write, develop, test, and evaluate software programs.
- Work with teams to facilitate deployment related to software programs.
- Create and update documentation for designs, and all phases of the project.
- Work with external customers to troubleshoot and solve problems.
- Determine purpose, application, and feasibility of new or enhancement of existing software.
- May provide or assist with training needs as it relates to new or existing software.
- Keep abreast of new developments in the fields of engineering design, methods, and applications.
- May be called upon to perform comparable duties of a similar or related nature and/or assist in other areas as needed.
- Has knowledge and skills in the engineering discipline.
- Uses prescribed techniques and procedures within established criteria.
- Performs technical work that does not require previous experience.
- Works independently, as well as with a team.
- Work is performed under supervision.
- Senior or Masters level standing with a focus on controls and signal processing
Knowledge/skills and abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously without close supervision.
- Ability to work with high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use a computer and software as defined necessary for the internship.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Raven is an EO employer – M/F/Vets/Disabled.