Apply for the PIMCO 2022 Summer Internship – Global Wealth Management Analyst!
See below for details on the application process and internship experience.
Positions are located in Austin, TX with limited opportunities in New York City.
See yourself in U.S Global Wealth Management
Global Wealth Management’s mission is to create industry leading experiences for financial intermediates and their individual investor clients while providing a strong contribution to PIMCO’s overall business results. The PIMCO Global Wealth Management Group is responsible for business strategy and client coverage for the intermediated individual investor segment of the market. Converge includes RIAs, family offices, banks/ brokerage firms, trust banks, platforms and sub-advisory relationships.
GWM- Internal Sales
The primary role of the Internal Sales summer intern within U.S. Global Wealth Management at PIMCO is to be a dynamic resource to the team of 70 sales professionals. While executing on sales campaigns, sales research, data analysis and reporting, and marketing responsibilities, you will learn the PIMCO process, products and culture.
The internship provides excellent development and training to prepare for a career as an Internal Account Analyst at PIMCO – a role that includes obtaining FINRA licenses and building and maintaining relationships with Financial Advisor clients.
GWM- Private Client Group
Your primary responsibility is to support PIMCO’s investment professionals to ensure delivery of the highest level of service to our clients.
You’ll contribute to the PCG team’s key strategic initiatives and campaigns, and support Account Managers on the team with client follow up, meeting preparation, RFPs, and customized due diligence requests.
The US GWM Strategy team oversees strategic sales planning and tactics for PIMCO U.S. Global Wealth Management (“U.S. GWM”) with the goal of maximizing revenues, identifying key business opportunities, and leveraging opportunities where market trends and demands align best with PIMCO’s product strength and expertise.
You’ll support our team to focus on the execution of sales campaigns, sales research, data analysis, and reporting.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
- The PIMCO Internship Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2022
- During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, providing you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you for success
- Alongside your colleagues, participate in PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering, developed to heighten the impact of our employees’ worldwide volunteer efforts
- Join us for a variety of cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
- Your supervisor, peer mentor, senior leaders and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
- You’ll receive feedback at mid- and end-of-summer as part of a formal review process to keep you on the path to meeting your summer goals
- Want to learn more? Hear about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events!
- As a PIMCO intern, you’ll receive competitive compensation, along with a transition bonus to help with relocation to one of our office locations
How you should apply:
We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
- After we receive your application, we’ll conduct an initial resume & cover letter review. We’ll send status updates throughout the process.
- You’ll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform.
- If selected to move forward, you’ll meet with us during final-round interviews conducted live via Webex. Interviews typically consist of behavioral and technical concepts.
You’re eligible to apply if you:
- Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of Dec 2022 – June 2023
- Minimum 3.2 cumulative collegiate grade point average, on a 4.0 scale or the equivalent, at an accredited 4-year college or university
- Are business proficient in English
You’ll excel as a Global Wealth Management Analyst if you:
- Show strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, and investment finance
- Have the ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Possess the ability to develop client relationships into strategic partnerships and interest in client facing career within Finance
- Are personable, ethical, collaborative, organized, flexible, high energy, self-starter, accountable, humble
- Have the ability to multi-task and handle several projects delivering completed work within expected timeline
- Demonstrate high level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- have Finance/capital markets coursework (recommended, not required)