Apply for the PIMCO 2022 Summer Internship – Alternative Credit & Private Strategies!
As a student with an excellent profile in banking and finance, we encourage you to apply to the PIMCO 2022 Summer Internship in Alternative Credit & Private Strategies! See below for details on the application process and internship experience.
Positions are located in Newport Beach, CA and New York, NY
Alternative Credit & Private Strategies
Since launching its first opportunistic credit vehicles over 15 years ago, PIMCO has developed a significant presence in both alternative credit and private investment strategies. Our strategies include those that seek to identify value primarily in listed securities, relying on fundamental and capital structure analysis, and also strategies that seek to privately finance the debt and equity needs of companies, asset holders, and origination platforms. We invest globally across commercial and residential real estate and mortgage credit, performing and distressed corporate debt, and specialty finance markets.
Summer Interns will work alongside seasoned associates and Portfolio Managers, focusing on financial modeling and qualitative analysis in support of direct lending and special situations/distressed debt investing. Interns will support their team efforts in sourcing, evaluating, underwriting and managing of alternative credit and private strategy investments. Successful interns receiving full time offers will have the opportunity to join a two year rotational program with a potential for a career track in Portfolio Management.
The PIMCO Internship Experience:
· Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early/mid-June 2022.
· During Week 1, you’ll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training, which provides you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship.
· Be part of PIMCO’s Global Month of Volunteering, connect with senior leaders and experience PIMCO culture through networking opportunities and formal mentor program.
· Gain meaningful exposure and participate in day-to-day business functions.
· As part of the formal review process, you’ll receive feedback at mid-and end-of-summer, keeping you on the path to meeting your summer goals.
How you should apply:
· We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply by submitting your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript as soon as you are ready.
What to expect during the interview process:
· After we receive your application, an initial resume & cover letter review will be conducted by the hiring team.
· If selected, you’ll be invited to complete a one-way video interview using the Spark Hire platform.
· Following first-round interviews, successful candidates will be invited to participate in final-round interviews held live via WebEx. Interviews will consist of behavioral and technical concepts and give you a chance to meet multiple PIMCO professionals and have your questions answered.