Nationwide Opportunities- Please Read:
Just because this role looks like it’s located in Purchase, NY doesn’t mean it is! At PepsiCo we place Campus Interns/ Full- Time and Graduate hires in roles nationwide across both field and headquarter locations. Field based roles will only be placed in the field.
We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is a global food and beverage leader operating in more than 200 countries and territories with a product portfolio that includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands. From Gatorade to Quaker, LIFEWTR to Lay’s, we make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world.
Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to be the global leader in convenient foods and beverages by Winning with Purpose. “Winning with Purpose” reflects our ambition to win sustainably in the marketplace and embed purpose into all aspects of the business.
Our employees drive our culture. No two days are the same; we’re dynamic and full of passionate teams embracing new ideas through our collaborative spirit. At PepsiCo, what makes you unique, makes us better!
The goal of PepsiCo’s Operations internship program is to provide students with the opportunity to leverage their academic understanding in a real-world, business-driven environment. Ultimately, we aim to develop the future supply chain leaders necessary to enable our growth within an accelerated period of time. During this internship you may have exposure leading teams of hourly associates, implementing and managing leading-edge manufacturing and distribution technology, as well as process flow design and mapping, productivity measures, time studies, data collection and computational analyses within the production and operations areas of our facilities. Additionally, you will have opportunities to solve operational issues and motivate team members to achieve performance targets. At the end of the summer, our interns report out to their Leadership Team on the key business points learned from their internship experience.
What you can expect:
· Experience various assignments in Production, Warehouse Operations, Maintenance, Quality, Planning, Transportation Engineering, Customer Integration, Commercialization, and Supply Chain Strategy.
· Ability to move rapidly through increasing levels of responsibility, including managerial positions, based on performance.
· Access to a variety of operating models within the Beverage, Foods and Corporate environments; meaning you could support power brands such as Pepsi, Tropicana, Gatorade, Quaker & Frito-Lay and still work within the same company!
Below are some of the activities in which you can expect to participate:
· Gain understanding of various supply chain functions and disciplines
· Receive opportunities to build affiliation with associate peers and interact with senior leadership
· Assist in the analysis and development of supply chain metrics and business processes
· Report findings to other team members and management as required
· Work on large projects and manage time and effort without need for constant supervision
· Learn various statistical modeling and developing reporting tools
- Learn to manage production staff to attain production and quality goals
· Assist in organizing and facilitating team meetings to achieve continuous process improvement
· Organize and facilitate work team meetings (examples: pre-shift, roundtables, etc.)
- Be flexible – in order to understand our 24/7 operations, you may at times need to work various schedules; including early mornings, evenings and/or weekends
Recent intern projects have included:
As part of our summer internship program, we aim to provide an experience designed for you to gain functional knowledge of supply chain and an opportunity to achieve results through the completion of a real-world supply chain-based project.
· Working closely with our supply chain professionals to share strategies, data, and experience what it is like to be a supply chain leader at PepsiCo.
· Identifying process efficiencies and solutions to implement within our manufacturing and warehousing businesses. Some examples include: reducing waste, improving safety, improving frontline performance, analyzing/optimizing line efficiency and output, or improving compliance to standards.
· Developing interpersonal and communication skills to successfully lead a frontline workgroup.
Qualifications / Requirements :
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Engineering, Food Science, Operations/Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Organizational Leadership & Supervision, and Business Management (other related majors will be considered)
· Highly motivated self-starter
- Proven people/project leadership throughout your academic career (on- or off- campus)
- Previous experience in an operations environment (on- or off- campus; either through employment or academic clubs)
· Ability to work in an unstructured environment with the ability to make tradeoff decisions quickly
· Demonstrated ability to work in a results-oriented, challenging environment
· Effective coaching, facilitation, presentation and team building skills
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills
· Ability to give/receive constructive feedback
- Flexibility for relocation will allow for greater advancement opportunities
Minimum Qualifications – Each candidate is expected to:
- Graduate with Bachelor’s degree within one (1) year of internship completion
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity.
For San Francisco and Los Angeles area applicants: Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901-4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement