Open Systems International, Inc. (OSI) www.osii.com is a fast-paced, growing, high technology company, headquartered in Medina, Minnesota. As a world leader in the Operations Technology (OT) field, OSI develops and supplies state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide.
OSI Digital Grid Solutions is looking for talented, energetic, and outgoing engineers to work in a rapidly growing field where you will have the opportunity to deliver state of the art systems to some of the most exciting electric utilities around the world. You will be involved in designing, building, configuring, testing, and delivering these systems all while working closely with other driven engineers within OSI and with our customers. Specifically, you’ll be working on systems and applications that span the electric utility’s operational and information technology domains; you will be building systems that improve the efficiency of the utility’s grid operations and capture information and data in support of their business functions. These systems will expand the utility’s Smart Grid capabilities by providing detailed insight into the operations of the electrical grid, from the generation of power to the delivery at the customer meter. You will have the opportunity to shape the future of the electrical grid, which will reduce environmental impacts through the conservations of crucial resources.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to take on the following responsibilities:
- Work closely with customers to understand their operational needs, provide system training and configuration to meet their needs
- Develop and execute system build plans accounting for software architecture, information security, and hardware deployment
- Perform system and acceptance testing with the end customers
- Work closely with product development and product management teams to enhance OSI’s products into the future
- Troubleshoot complex problems and collaborate with technical experts in various domains
- Travel to customer sites and working directly with customers to successfully delivery, test, and integrate systems
- Industrial, Mechanical, Systems, Computer, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science degree
- Strong work ethic including willingness to learn and investigate new technologies and problems
- Willingness to learn networking and security, operating systems, virtual environments, and systems integration
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot across complex systems
- Willingness to travel, pending COVID restrictions
- Industry experience with Advanced Distribution (ADMS), Outage (OMS), or Switch Order (SOM) Management Systems preferred
OSI offers a comprehensive benefit package including health, dental, life and disability insurance, 401(k) matching, bonuses, profit sharing and a generous amount of paid time off and paid holidays.
Additional perks include flexible work hours, employee events, fitness discounts, casual dress code, exciting travel opportunities, employee referral bonus programs, and more. Check out our Life at OSI Facebook page to see more.
As an employee of OSI you will have access to cutting edge technologies in a fun, professional, positive and dynamic work environment. We have excellent opportunities for growth and development. To apply, please visit https://apply.workable.com/osii/j/71BD80D4C2/
OSI is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Discover your future. Discover OSI: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixCrpoUL5ck