Obernel Engineering is looking for a Mechanical Engineer Intern to join our growing team of professionals in our Duluth, MN; Fargo, ND; Minneapolis, MN ; or Mankato, MN location.
Obernel Engineering is a mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering consulting firm, specializing in building system design, services, and innovative solutions. At Obernel, we care about people. We care about the success and wellbeing of our employees, clients, and communities. This translates into an unparalleled work environment and a superior client experience that thrives on integrity, quality, collaboration, and smart innovation. Through our culture shaped by our values, our mission of positively impacting people through innovative facility solutions will be possible.
This position will assist the Mechanical Engineers in day-to-day activities in mechanical design and project development. The Mechanical Engineer Intern will gain hands-on experience and mentorship from a Mechanical Engineer in mechanical system design, client meetings, equipment selection, construction observation, and other mechanical engineering responsibilities. They will collaborate with mechanical team members to ensure projects move forward smoothly and are completed on-time. The Mechanical Engineer Intern will gain knowledge of load calculations, how to develop and maintain a balance and schedule between all projects and deadlines and effective communication.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Correctly complete load calculations and select equipment for specific projects.
• Occasionally required presence onsite and attendance at construction meetings to observe and
report technical findings.
• Professionally interact with mechanical team, other disciplines, and clients as needed.
• Efficiently develop and maintain a balance and schedule between all projects and deadlines.
• Seek mentorship and support to guarantee a successful design and project completion.
• Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications required):
• Currently pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
• Junior or Senior status preferred.
• Proven ability to work successfully on a team and listen carefully.
. • Desire to produce quality work and grow professionally in the engineering field.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products.
• Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of veteran, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.