Obernel Engineering is looking for a Drafting Intern to join our growing team of professionals in our Minneapolis, MN and Fargo, ND location.
Obernel Engineering is a mechanical, electrical, and civil engineering consulting firm, specializing in building system design, services, and innovative solutions. At Obernel, we care about people. We care about the success and wellbeing of our employees, clients, and communities. This translates into an unparalleled work environment and a superior client experience that thrives on integrity, quality, collaboration, and smart innovation. Through our culture shaped by our values, our mission of positively impacting people through innovative facility solutions will be possible.
The Drafting Intern will be responsible for assisting in developing detailed plans and drawings for construction documents from redlines, rough sketches, and/or verbal direction from the Mechanical Engineer. This position will work with experienced technicians, designers, and engineers for guidance and project mentoring to gain hands-on experience. They will interact and coordinate with architects, building owners, engineers, and other disciplines as needed. The Drafting Intern will gain knowledge of creating construction drawings, load calculations, find effective solutions, learn general design concepts and effective communication. The intern will complete other duties and responsibilities assigned to assist the mechanical team and ensure a successful project completion.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist in creating construction drawings.
· Attend construction meetings.
· Learn load calculations and select equipment.
· Address design problems and find effective solutions.
· Effectively collaborate with engineers to gain a general design concept.
· Successfully communicate with clients, engineers, and architects to discover and implement expectations.
· Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications (Education, Experience, and Licenses/Certifications required):
· Currently pursuing a degree in Architecture and Design or related field.
· Junior or Senior status preferred.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Proven ability to listen carefully and work well on a team.
· Have the desire to learn quickly and grow professionally within the field.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Products.
· Proven ability to maintain excellent integrity and ethical standards within the role.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of veteran, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or any other status protected by law.