If you dream about spreadsheets and get excited about budgets and calculating and coding expenses in great detail, apply today to be our Director of Finance. You will dig into healthcare reimbursement systems with insurance providers, manage billing processes, interact with patients on billing matters, and oversee payroll coordination for our 180-person team.
A background in healthcare finance is a plus, but more importantly, you should have a solid understanding of the principles of accounting and finance. In this role, you will supervise a support staff integral to the financial well-being of our independent healthcare center and provide strategic direction as part of our leadership team.
You should have a bachelor’s degree in business administration, accounting, or finance and be highly accurate and detail-oriented. Relevant experience in a healthcare business office will be considered. Previous experience revenue cycle experience, ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS coding is plus.
Essential functions of this position include:
- Implement a system to ensure entry of accurate billing information
- Maintain facility charge master
- Supervise staff responsible for duties including purchasing, coding, account management, insurance provider communications, collection, cash posting, contract analysis, billing, purchasing, and payroll.
- Manage staff performance by providing regular feedback, performance reviews, and one-to-one meetings
- Review financial hardship applications
- Efficiently manage patient billing and collections concerns
- Manage staffing, scheduling and workflow to ensure adequate coverage and timely response is met
- Provide oversight for preauthorization of services
- Coordinate utilization review activities
- Participate in provider rounds and care meetings
- Maintain full integrity of all revenues and expenses, ensuring organization policies and procedures, as well as state and federal laws and regulations, are followed
The director of finance will work primarily on site, with flexibility to adjust hours of work and occasionally work remotely.
This position will remain open until we find the right candidate. If that’s you, apply now.