Position Description & Details:
NDSU Residence Life is seeking dynamic candidates with demonstrated leadership and administrative experience who are eager to gain a strong full-time professional experience. Our comprehensive hall director position is designed to allow our staff to work closely in all areas of the department. You will acquire supervision, administrative, facilities, conduct, assessment, and curricular approach to learning experiences. We have a proven track record of preparing newer professionals to be successful in higher education after gaining a strong live-in experience.
Overall administration and operation of a residence hall including training and supervision for student staff; development and implementation of residential curriculum including student leadership and conduct; assisting with summer conference housing; working on Departmental committees and initiatives; and participating in University functions and committees.
M-F, 8:00am – 5:00pm with some evening and weekend responsibilities
– Bachelor’s degree
– Experience in a college residence setting or advanced experience in Student Affairs
– Administrative skills/experience
– Computer skills
– Commitment to social justice and diversity
– Effective communication skills
– Leadership/Supervision skills/experience
– Training and Presentation skills/experience
– Master’s degree in Student Affairs, Higher Education, Counseling, College Student Personnel or related degree
Applicant Materials Required:
Resume and Cover Letter. Also provide a list of three professional references and contact information.
NDSU offers a comprehensive benefits package with includes single or family health insurance coverage with premiums paid for by the university – with an effective date for new employees the first of the month following date of hire. Other benefits include, wellness benefits, basic life insurance, retirement plan, tuition waiver, annual leave, EAP, sick leave and holiday pay. Optional benefits include supplemental life, dental, vision, long-term care insurance, flexible spending account, and supplemental retirement plans.
– Partially furnished 2 bedroom apartment
– Meal plan
– Funding for professional development