The National Pork Board (NPB) and the U.S. Pork Center of Excellence (USPCE) is seeking a Producer & State Engagement / USPCE Intern to join our team. This internship will focus on assisting the Producer & State Engagement team and USPCE with relationship management of producers, state associations and industry stakeholders. To support our nation’s pork producers, we are looking for a mature, highly motivated, dynamic, and collaborative individual to assist and support our team.
In this role, the Producer & State Engagement / USPCE Intern will gain hands on experience in various areas of the pork industry. The intern will build relationships throughout the industry by traveling with a NPB Regional Manager to network with producers and experience various production operations. In addition, the intern will assist with the coordination and execution of producer facing events, engage with State Pork Associations, University Extension and instructors. Familiarity with the pork industry is preferred but not required.
· Students will be pursuing a BS or MS degree in ag business, animal science, ag education, communications or other relevant field.
· Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong initiative and self-starter.
- Ability to learn fast in an agile environment
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
- Maturity, strong collaboration, and diplomatic people skills.
- Some travel will be expected.
Criteria for applying:
- Internships are paid 40 hours, over 12 weeks.
- All intern positions are based at our office in Clive, IA.
- All interns will be expected to secure their own housing for the summer.
- No phone calls please.
The National Pork Board is an equal opportunity employer who proudly supports our diverse workforce by fostering an inclusive and inviting environment. We have repeatedly been recognized as an employer of choice both regionally and nationally.