Reporting to the Director of Strategy and Insights, the Marketing Analyst Intern is chartered with developing and maintaining reports to support National Pork Board stakeholders and initiatives. This is an analytical position that involves accessing and analyzing marketing data, analyzing results, and framing key takeaways.
Specific responsibilities for this role include:
- Marketing Analytics & Reporting: Extract marketing data from internal and external data sources. Organize data, update monthly dashboards/reports, and ad-hoc requests.
- Database Access and Management: Mine point of sales data, syndicated data, household panel data, custom research, and software tools to formulate findings that help drive business decisions
- Online Survey Creation and Analysis: Partner with the Insights and Strategy team to perform quantitative and qualitative research against key initiatives
- Synthesis of Insights: Synthesize information from multiple data sources into key insights and takeaways
- Student working towards completing the Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Data Analytics, or Consumer behavior preferred
- Strong interest in marketing analytics, statistics, food and consumer packaged goods marketing, or category management
- Must demonstrate superb attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Must demonstrate ability to analyze and draw insights from disparate datasets
- Must demonstrate basic knowledge of statistics, research procedures and survey methodology
- Intermediate-level Excel skills, including functions and charting
- Some travel may be required
The Pork Board is funded through a market checkoff collection on sales of market swine in the United States. We are charged with effectively serving U.S. pork producers through the development of educational programs, coordination of research projects, and increasing the demand for pork meat in domestic and international markets.
Criteria for applying:
- All internships are paid, and candidates are expected to work full-time for approximately 12 weeks.
- All positions are based at our office in Des Moines, IA. (Remote option)
- All interns will be expected to secure their own housing for the summer.
- Interviews will take place in December – January with positions being filled by February.
The National Pork Board is an equal opportunity employer who proudly supports our diverse workforce by fostering an inclusive and inviting environment. We have repeatedly been recognized as an employer of choice both regionally and nationally.