The National Pork Board (NPB) is seeking an International Market Development intern to join our team. The United States is the world’s second largest pork exporter and international market development is critically important to our nation’s pork producers as approximately one-third of total U.S. pork production is exported, delivering value and opportunity to the industry. To support our nation’s pork producers, we are looking for a mature, highly motivated, dynamic, and collaborative team member to assist and support NPB International Market Development on pork industry issues and opportunities related to marketing U.S. pork outside of the United States.
In this role, the NPB’s International Market Development intern will gain hands-on experience with NPB’s international market development initiative and strategy as NPB represents the U.S. pork industry on a global scale. The intern will seek to serve U.S. pork producers by learning the challenges of international market development through a trade and export lens. The intern will build relationships with the key stakeholders and partners to NPB’s efforts to market U.S. pork in foreign markets such as the U.S. Meat Export Federation (USMEF), National Pork Producers Council (NPPC), the North American Meat Institute (NAMI), and Federal Government Agencies such as the United States Department of Agriculture. In summary, the intern should expect a fast-paced, dynamic, challenging, and rewarding work experience.
Students will be pursuing a BS, MS or JD degree in ag business, marketing, economics, trade, international studies, law or other relevant field.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills. Bi-lingual language skills a plus.
- Maturity, strong collaboration and diplomatic people skills.
- Ability to quickly read, spot key issues and intelligently summarize documents and data with a close attention to detail.
- Strong initiative and self-starter.
- Some travel will be expected.
Criteria for applying:
· Our internships are generally scheduled May 17 – August 6, 2021.
· Internships are paid 40 hours, over 12 weeks.
· All intern positions are based at our office in Clive, IA.
· All interns will be expected to secure their own housing for the summer.
· Application deadline is October 30, 2020 – no phone calls please.
The National Pork Board is an equal opportunity employer who proudly supports our diverse workforce by fostering an inclusive and inviting environment. We have repeatedly been recognized as an employer of choice both regionally and nationally.