The primary function of this position is to develop and implement strategies that engage alumni in support of the University of Missouri primarily via MAA affiliated organizations. This person will interact regularly with alumni, donors, students, faculty, staff, and other constituents
- 30% — Liaison between the Mizzou Alumni Association and an assigned number of affiliated organizations, including regional chapters, academic based groups, and affinity organizations.
- 30% — Recruits, trains, and motivates alumni volunteers to assist with meeting the Mizzou Alumni Association’s engagement goals.
- 20% — Directs efforts to increase donor support of affiliated organization scholarships including the identification, cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of prospective donors.
- 10% — Manages MAA programs as assigned, currently including coordinating alumni activities to support student recruitment.
- 10% — Other duties as assigned that promote tradition and pride among alumni, students, faculty, staff and friends of Mizzou. This includes collaborating with key campus offices and internal MAA staff to support outreach efforts and partnerships and to provide support for events outside assigned focus area, as appropriate.
- 10% — Extensive travel including evening and on weekends. A valid driver’s license and cell phone must be maintained
Preferred Qualifications: 1-3 years work experience in alumni and student relations or comparable professional position. Extensive evening and weekend work. A valid driver’s license and cell phone must be maintained. Superior communications skills, both written and verbal. High level of proficiency using Microsoft Office software. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects in a highly organized and effective manner.
8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., This position will be located in office in Reynolds Alumni Center, Columbia MO
The Mizzou Alumni Association proudly supports the best interests and traditions of Missouri’s flagship university and its alumni worldwide. MAA is a membership organization with 40,000 members that serves more than 340,000 Mizzou alumni worldwide.
Founded in 1839, the University of Missouri is the oldest public university west of the Mississippi River. MU provides all the benefits of two universities in one: It is a major land-grant institution with a statewide mission of service to citizens, as well as, Missouri’s largest public research university. Considered one of the nation’s top-tier institutions, Mizzou is one of only 34 public universities, and the only public institution in Missouri, to be selected for membership in the prestigious Association of American Universities.
Mizzou Advancement emphasizes talent acquisition and professional development in service to our overall mission of enhancing private support of the University of Missouri. As a result, the division continues to attract top talent from around the country. Comprising 180 staff members with a presence across the United States and around the world, Mizzou Advancement announced the $1.3 billion Mizzou: Our Time to Lead campaign in October 2015. At its conclusion in 2020, it was the most successful philanthropic campaign in the University’s history, at over $1.4 billion.
At Mizzou Advancement, we celebrate our diverse community of donors, alumni, staff, and friends. We are committed to taking bold steps to create an inclusive culture where everyone is seen, heard, and valued. Our team is continually learning and growing on our journey to embed diversity and inclusion in everything we do. We believe that diversity of views, informed by a breadth of life experiences, help us to understand our humanity more deeply and improve our service to mankind. Our efforts to be inclusive must be intentional and thoughtful, so that we might realize the full benefit of the diversity we seek to build within Advancement. Together we are stronger. Together we are better. Together we are Mizzou Advancement.