Safety Engineering Intern – Summer 2022
Mortenson’s success is not a matter of luck; it’s a result of our ingenuity, expertise, and exceptional people coupled with our unparalleled focus on customer service.
Our foundation and culture are based upon our values of trust, safety, teamwork, responsibility, service and stewardship. We are inspired by a compelling purpose to build structures and facilities for the advancement of modern society and a mission to create an exceptional customer experience. Mortenson has built a reputation for being a leader in our industry and in the communities in which we live and work.
It all starts with our extraordinary people and collaborative teams. Mortenson has been voted a “best place to work” over 40 times since 2002…
What are you waiting for?!
Are you passionate about safety? Are you looking for a chance to help influence behavior and drive positive change? Do you love working with people and inspiring them to do what is right? As a Safety Engineer Intern at Mortenson, you will interact with a variety of people to implement Mortenson’s Zero Injury program. You will work at a project site and support ways to ensure a safe work environment for team members, subcontractors, and visitors. Our internships will grow your skillset in a variety of areas.
Learn from the best. Potential job functions based on internship type may include:
- Championing Mortenson’s zero injury safety requirements
- Participate in Daily Safety Audits
- Coordinate and participate in worker observations
- Support the onsite new team member Orientation process
- Host daily stretch & bend
- Provide support to the field as a technical resource from OSHA, ZIPTM, MSDS, Event Management and more
- Assist in incident investigation and analysis
- Complete and aid in training of our onsite safety program
- Collaborate on ways to continue to advance our industry leading safety program
Get ready to go places and jump-start your career through our distinguished national internship program. You will have the opportunity to join our team in one of the following areas/industries:
- Chicago Office
- Data Center Group
- Denver Office
- Energy Storage Group
- Federal Contracting Group
- Milwaukee Office
- Minneapolis Office
- Phoenix Office
- Portland Office
- Power Distribution Group
- Seattle Office
- Solar and Emerging Renewables Group
- Sports and Entertainment Group
- Wind Energy Group
- Washington D.C. Office
You will join an exciting and ever-changing industry with a minimum 12-week internship with our team. Mortenson internships are available year-round, however this opportunity is specific to the summer 2022 (May – August). Placement with one of our teams will be provided based on the overall needs of the organization.
Cultivate your skills in your chosen field of study and build your career with Mortenson. We look forward to hearing from you if you:
- Are currently pursuing an undergraduate, four-year degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Environmental Health and Safety or other related degree.
- Are willing to be mobile/relocate
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Possess a current driver’s license
- Are comfortable with exposure to dirt, heat, noise, dust, and a trailer office environment
Are you adaptable and an agile learner? Do you have big ideas and a creative spirit? Are you driven to make a positive difference through your work? We want to hear from you. You are perfect for this opportunity if you:
- Have previous related internship experience
- Have achieved a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 / 4.0
- Are currently enrolled as an undergraduate freshman, sophomore or junior
- Are detail-oriented, organized, and can effectively handle multiple tasks
- Possess the right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer
- Have a basic understanding of construction law and generally accepted business practices
- Demonstrate strong collaboration, communication, and problem-solving skills and show initiative
- Showcase a positive and professional attitude and solid customer service skills
Mortenson is an EOE/Affirmative Action/M/F/Veteran/Disabled employer.