This position is responsible for the development of specific designs using
current technology to meet customer requirements most economically. This
position reports to an Application Engineering Supervisor or the Application
& Product Engineering Manager.
· Design heat exchangers and cooling system modules for assigned customers.
· Provide technical assistance to the customer’s engineering personnel.
· Coordinate the build and ensure the accuracy of prototypes.
· Specify test requirements and analyze test results on assigning products to validate
performance and durability of new and revised designs.
· Ensure understanding by plant production and manufacturing personnel of design
· Work closely with other departments and the plant to ensure new models are delivered on
time and meet all customer requirements.
· Monitor feedback from the field and initiate product improvement when appropriate.
General Description of Responsibilities:
Under close supervision, the incumbent is assigned a variety of tasks
to gain knowledge and apply learned skills to the solution of practical
problems. Under direct supervision of department head or
department personnel. Works in conjunction with Sr. or Principal
Engineers and participates in projects for exposure and practical
application of theory in work situations. Assignments broaden in
complexity with experience gained. Responsibility increases
commensurate with capability.
· A basic understanding of heat transfer and its application to assigned products and of the
customer’s product and end use are required.
· Knowledge of structural design, manufacturing processes and computer methods are
· Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbal.
College graduate in engineering or related technical discipline with limited work experience or
2 – 5 years equivalent experience in the specified engineering discipline
The incumbent travels to the customer location to gather further information on customer
needs or to provide technical back-up to the sales account rep. The incumbent may also
travel to Modine plants to resolve manufacturing issues related to product design and assist
with the launch of new models. The incumbent may occasionally travel to vendors’ locations
to review material and processes used for the product.