Mental Health Practitioner (ARMHS) – New Position
***SIGN ON BONUS***
*Offering top wages in the mental health field
*Student loan repayment
*Opportunities for professional growth
*Gratifying work experience
*Company cell phone provided
*Free CEU’s/Training opportunities
*Opportunities for growth within the company
Do you feel PTO is an important part of self-care in the mental health field? MPSS believes that it is! That’s why MPSS offers approximately four weeks of PTO per year to full time employees in addition to having a gratifying, fulfilling career!
Our mission is to help clients manage and recover from their mental illness in order to accomplish life goals and self-sufficiency in employment, social relations, and independent living in a caring and professional manner.
Come work for a company that appreciates you and values your work with clients!
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
Metro Psychology Support Services is hiring mental health practitioners for in-home mental health care for adults with mental illness in Anoka, Carver, Dakota, Hennepin, Ramsey, and Washington counties. Concentrated case load in your county of residence and one neighboring county. Telementalhealth is an option.
Metro Psychology Support Services is an Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services program, commonly known as ARMHS. The program provides intensive rehabilitative services to clients at least 18 years of age who have a mental health diagnosis. ARMHS is a consumer-led mental health recovery program that helps clients develop personal strategies for coping with mental illness and moving forward with their lives. Services provide a strong emphasis on helping clients set personal goals, developing strategies to pursue the goals, advocating for clients, and connecting clients with community resources.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Mental Health Practitioners providing services for the treatment of mental illness must be qualified in at least one of the following five ways :
- Master’s or other graduate degree in one of the mental health professional disciplines from an accredited college or university
- Graduate student in one of the mental health professional disciplines at an accredited college or university that formally assigns the student to an agency or facility for clinical training
- Bachelor’s degree in a behavioral science or related field from an accredited college or university and meets either one of these: (a) experience in the delivery of mental health services to recipients with mental illness or other disabilities OR (b) has completed a practicum or internship or coursework that (1) requires direct interaction with adults and (2) is focused on the behavioral sciences or related fields
- Fluent in a non-English language of a cultural group to which at least 50% of the clients belong, completes 40 hours of training in the delivery of services to clients with mental illness, and receives clinical supervision from a mental health professional at least once a week until the requirements of 2,000 hours of supervised experience are met
- Working in a day treatment program
- Full client case load guaranteed
- Company Cell Phone
- Student loan repayment
- Medical Reimbursement
- Paid Holidays
- Direct client contact hours that may apply toward licensure
- Provides group and individual licensure supervision free of cost for employees on licensure track
- Employees may be eligible for a tuition discount from certain institutions
- Full-time position with flexible work hours, competitive wages, PTO/Vacation hours and benefits including medical insurance reimbursement