Under minimal supervision, use fundamental concepts, methodologies, and procedures to perform mixed-methods social scientific, public health, bioethics, and clinical research. Work closely with the Research Program Manager, Research Scientists, and Faculty Principal Investigators to conduct, coordinate, and disseminate a wide variety of research projects.
• Conduct and assist in primary research activities including the following:
- Participant recruitment and consent
- Data entry and management
- Survey and questionnaire development
- Interviews and focus groups
- Formal and informal program evaluation
- Narrative and systematic literature reviews
- Descriptive and correlative biostatistical analyses
- Cost analysis
- Collaborate on the development of program and research materials including recruitment and marketing flyers, implementation guides, protocols, educational materials, as well as websites, social media tools, and formal reports.
- Work with program leaders to develop, implement, and maintain comprehensive databases and files related to the research program.
- Maintain program management tools for the tracking of deadlines and deliverables.
- Organize internal and external project meetings, site visits, and special events.
- Conduct and/or coordinate training for program collaborators and stakeholders.
- Report on program data, progress, and evaluative feedback to supervisors as directed.
- Participate in manuscript preparation, skills-building workshops and events, and on appropriate committees for professional and program advancement.
- Participate in meetings with principal investigators and research staff and evaluate/interpret the validity of data, develop methodologies, evaluate research processes.
M-F 8:00am – 5:00pm; some weekends expected
Knowledge – Skills – Abilities
Knowledge of public and clinical health sciences and research methodologies.
Qualitative and quantitative health research skills, Biostatistics, Data Management, Program Management, Graphical data visualization.
Familiarity with MS Office. STATA/SPSS, Qualtrics, NVivo, Redcap, Website development, Social Media.
Minimum Required Education: Master’s degree in Public Health, Health Services Research, Clinical Translational Research or Similar
Minimum Required Experience: No experience required
Preferred Education: as above
Preferred Experience: 1 year of human subject research
Field: Public Health, Clinical Research, Bioethics, Survey Research
The Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) is one of the largest healthcare employers in Wisconsin. We are a distinguished leader and innovator in the education and development of the next generation of physicians, scientists, pharmacists and health professionals; we discover and translate new knowledge in the biomedical and health sciences; we provide cutting-edge, collaborative patient care of the highest quality; and we improve the health of the communities we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.