We invite you to explore a career within the Department of Laboratory Medicine & Pathology as you will be a valued member of an outstanding healthcare team and will experience the exemplary environment of one of the world’s leading healthcare institutions.
Diversity and inclusion are integral to Mayo Clinic’s mission to provide excellent, culturally relevant care in a welcoming environment to all individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds. At the Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology (DLMP) and Mayo Clinic Laboratories (MCL), we aim to diversify our workforce and to create an inclusive work environment where differences are valued, allowing individuals to achieve and contribute to their fullest potential. By leveraging the strengths that each diverse individual and group brings to the table, we gain the strategic advantages of accelerated innovation, better problem solving, enhanced productivity and job satisfaction, improved quality, and, most importantly, we find better ways to meet the needs of our patients.
- Performs analyses on blood, tissue, and body fluids to aid health care providers in the diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment of patients.
- Testing is performed in specialized laboratories and may include highly skilled manual techniques or automated testing using sophisticated instrumentation.
- Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to: instrument operation and maintenance, troubleshooting assays, evaluating tests for accuracy, assisting with interpreting results, and operational support activities to optimize testing.
- Works with multiple computer systems to retrieve information and report results.
- May work with minimal supervision and may assist with specimen collection.
- Must strictly adhere to safety protocols to work with infectious specimens, chemicals and other hazards.
- Must be capable of producing accurate results under time constraints, multi-tasking, and performing in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Experience with operation and troubleshooting of laboratory instrumentation and assay systems is desirable.
- Must possess good communication skills and be able to work closely with others.
- Must be able to accommodate scheduling adjustments, off-shifts, holiday, on-call, and weekend work assignments.
**A two-year commitment to this position is required.**
Graduate or student graduating within six months with a Bachelor’s degree in:
- Biological science
** Visa sponsorship is not available for this position; Also, Mayo Clinic DOES NOT participate in the F-1 STEM OPT extension program.
ALL MUST be included for your application to be considered:
- Cover Letter
- Transcripts (unofficial copy accepted)
- Internal candidates must provide their past three performance appraisals
* For international/foreign trained applicants, it is the responsibility of the international/foreign to provide to Mayo Clinic the following information. The applicant is responsible for the cost associated with obtaining the equivalency evaluation.