May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in Randolph, MA is looking for a Special Education Teacher to work in a classroom setting taking on lead responsibilities and providing services to children and adolescents with autism or other developmental disabilities. We have openings in classrooms of all ages, from the youngest (5-9) up to 22 years old.
We are currently offering a $10,000 sign-on bonus!
Our May Center Schools for Autism and Developmental Disabilities offer full-day, year-round educational services to children and adolescents. Focusing on building communication, social, behavioral, vocational, and academic skills. We base our programs on applied behavior analysis, or ABA, which has been shown through hundreds of scientific studies to be the most effective method to teach children and adolescents with autism and other developmental disabilities.
Candidates should have a desire to work with students with significantly challenging behaviors to implement some of the more complex behavior support plans on a regular and consistent basis.
- Provide coordination and leadership of the classroom
- Design an individualized curriculum, write educational plans, collect and evaluate data, and write student progress reports
- Deliver individualized and group instruction and other educational objectives
- Implement comprehensive behavior support plans
- Train and supervise other teachers and classroom assistants
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree (or enrollment in a Master’s program) preferred
- Certification in severe disabilities preferred/ moderate certification will be considered.
- Experience in ABA preferred
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Commitment to helping children with significant challenges learn and grow