Maxim Healthcare Staffing is looking to hire a Special Education Teacher provide quality services to special education students, kindergarten through grade 12, through a commitment to team participation in planning and implementation of student programs including special instruction, tutorial assistance and consultation with general education staff.
- Prepares student education plans in consultation with parents and IEP team members.
- Designs instruction, both individual and small group, which parallels the general education curriculum.
- Serves as the coordinator of IEP implementation with general education staff.
- Monitors student progress, participates in review and revision of student’s IEP, as appropriate.
- Other Special Education Teacher related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university with an emphasis in appropriate field preferred.
- Transcripts Preferred.
- (MSDE) State Teacher Certification; Type: Standard Elementary Teaching, Standard Secondary Teaching, and Standard Special Teaching preferred.
- Endorsement: Learning Behavior Specialist (LBS1) preferred.
- Full command, verbal and written, of the English language.
- Current TB results and/or chest X-ray.