At Marvin, we make windows and doors inspired by how you live so you’re inspired to live well. We are driven by the momentum of four generations of innovation and excellence to imagine and create better ways of living. Our business reaches across the nation and our products are represented around the world. With our commitment to our local communities and to providing innovative solutions using new technology, we are always looking for ways to move our people, as well as our business, forward.
Marvin’s portfolio also includes three additional premium brands: Infinity Replacement Windows, TruStile Doors, and Marvin Coastline, with employees across all organizations operating under one company purpose and shared set of company values, uniting our efforts to imagine and create better ways of living.
The Sr. Manager, Product + Segment Marketing position will be responsible for leading the go-to-market plans for new product launches, including development of comprehensive launch strategies, campaigns and processes that execute against business goals to effectively reach our target audiences and customer segments, enabling Marvin to deliver a best-in-class premium brand experience at national, regional and local levels. In close partnership with product management, R&D, new ventures, sales and the broader marketing team, this position will work to develop impactful product positioning and messaging that resonates with the target audiences and drives growth for the business. This position is the “glue” to connecting all the dots and up-and-downstream workstreams needed to bring product and segment strategies to market from concept to execution. To be successful in this role a data-driven, energetic and collaborative leadership style are needed.
Essential Functions of the Job
Planning and Strategy
- Market Strategy + Planning: partner with product management, sales and the broader marketing team to define the market opportunity through market analysis and segmentation to develop multi-channel GTM strategies for new product launches. Connect go-to-market initiatives to broader organizational and functional marketing strategies and ensure tools and materials are created to support the priorities and enable success.
- Customer Personas: lead cross-functional team to become intimately familiar with Marvin’s customer segments and their needs through voice of customer insights and market research in order to develop and help the organization understand target personas and buyer patterns.
- Positioning and Messaging: develop value propositions and messaging that resonate with targeted buyers and communicated the differentiated value of Marvin product collections. Natural storytelling ability – can write and create compelling messaging that speaks to customer pain points.
- Market and Competitive Intelligence: gather and analyze market and competitive information to create a point of view to support the current product portfolio, new product launches and to better position the business for growth.
- Sales Enablement: lead development of educational resources and tools to support and provide the sales team and dealers with impactful messaging around new product launches as well as key differentiators with existing product collections.
- Go-to-Market Excellence: develop and champion internal go-to-market processes across the enterprise.
Management + Execution
- Lead team of product and segment marketing managers in the planning and execution of GTM plans for product launches, segment-specific strategies, brand/product integrations and other projects as assigned.
- Partner with product management to ensure product positioning, messaging and go-to-market strategies are in alignment with product portfolio growth goals and objectives.
- Support annual marketing planning and budgeting and ensure successful achievement of relevant metric driven launch KPI’s as it relates to new product launches.
- Identify, track and facilitate risk mitigation plans by anticipating potential roadblocks and risk before they occur, understand implications of risk and escalate conclusions to the appropriate levels.
Market Needs + Trends
- Utilize passion and knowledge base around current trends in the building industry and develop ideas and opportunities to address the ones that impact us most and separate Marvin from the competition.
- Engage with sales and channel partners to learn more about their needs, challenges and opportunities as it relates to GTM strategies and plans.
- Stay up to date with consumer behaviors, marketing innovations and competitive landscape to guide GTM strategies to best position Marvin and our products.
- Keep current on the latest customer trends in and outside of our industry to help inform future needs and go-to-market opportunities.
Drive for Results
- Conduct post- launch evaluation and use lessons learned to identify opportunities to enhance future go-to-market and project plans.
- Ongoing monitoring of active programs/solutions to ensure they are meeting stated business goals and/or KPIs.
- Partner with the Marketing Operations team to ensure reporting and measurement practices are in place for all initiatives.
- Plan work and processes that optimize the team’s productivity
Education + Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience with demonstrated achievement in leading go-to-market strategies and product marketing initiatives to meet goals and objectives.
- Proven ability to translate and integrate business goals and consumer insights into project plans and programs.
- Building products and/or related building industry experience preferred.
- Efficiently work with and leverage various technology platforms to maximize effectiveness; proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook), CRM and marketing automation tools, Miro and Smartsheet.
Accommodations may be made (whenever reasonably possible) to enable an individual with a disability to perform the essential functions of his/her position.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the employee.