The Sr. Field Operations and Installation Manager is responsible for driving the company’s national field operations and installation function. This includes management of the market launch lifecycle of all operations-related activities in new markets as well as functional process leadership of driving world class installation and field operations with strong support from corporate teams.
This position includes indirect functional leadership and ownership of national field operations and installation processes. The incumbent will develop, test, implement, and continuously improve market-leading and best-in-class nationwide field operations. This also includes assessing current employee and contractor skills, knowledge, and capabilities and providing continuous learning opportunities to close any gaps.
The ideal candidate has previous work experience in establishing new market installation operations, developing, and training installation procedures, recruiting field staff and installation crews, possesses strong communication skills and a persistent work ethic, and is excited by the opportunity to be an essential part of entering a new market for the business.
- Conduct basic market intelligence and understand local labor and real estate pricing. Assess competitors in the market and identify opportunities for local partnerships and maintain relationships with existing partners. Help confirm service area of operations.
- Drive recruiting and training. Collaborate with corporate teams to source, recruit, and interview field staff. Onboard and train project managers and installation crews
- Support corporate team with any in-market setup.
- Develop processes for key in-market SOPs, including measurements, installation standard practices, and project manager and installation training programs.
- Train new project managers and installation crews. Perform onboarding and training sessions to welcome new hires to the company and educate them on measure and installation process. Conduct ride-alongs in which new hire is shadowing and learning
- 5+ years (10+ years preferred) of installation management or equivalent experience
- Willing to travel up to 50% of the time
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable accident and moving violation motor vehicle record
- Experience in employee training
- Experience supporting the launch of a business in a new market preferred
- A proven track record of generating installed revenue
- Strong time management and execution skills
- Flexible with high attention to details
- Excellent communicator, fast learner, and creative problem-solver
- Hands-on experience with any of the following systems would be helpful: Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce, Zoom, Zendesk, Webflow, Typeform, Klaviyo, Calendly